14 Days in Japan | Day 0: Packing

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

So for the next 14 days, I'll be blogging about my trip of two weeks in Japan! I'm crazy excited because it's a place I've always wanted to go to but haven't been able to until now. I'm a huge fan of anime and gaming, but I've always had a great interest and respect pertaining to their culture. So for the next few days please bear with me as this silly foreigner tries to get around in Kyoto, Tokyo, Osaka, and Shiroishi to name a few destinations.

The days leading up to my flight were really hectic. I caught the flu on the previous Sunday before my flight and could hardly accomplish the various things that needed to get done. On top of that, organizing a trip with 7 other people can get really hectic. I like to have things organized so it was a struggle to get some info when I needed it. It wasn't too bad though since we used Google Docs to collect everyone's ideas in one space. I'll definitely do it again in the future since it was great to have a editable space for everyone. Below are a few snapshots from that document.
(Pink is when we're in Kyoto, Blue is Tokyo)


On top of it all we ran into various issues before we're even on the plane! One of our residences canceled on us (we were originally in Akihabara which was PERFECT) so we ended up scrambling for one that was further and a little more expensive. I'm just happy to have a roof because apparently there's a sumo event that week and even some hotels were booked up!!
We also had some airlines change on us, as well as some people thinking they were going to back out, then they were back in.... It was all a bit of a mess!
So now the night before I'm just hoping everything goes smoothly and everyone gets there safely!

Our flight details: (Click the image to see the large size)


We got a really good deal on our flight! $815.29 for both ways!

I used Pinterest a lot for travel tips and packing guides. I could have definitely traveled with just a carry-on suitcase, but decided to bring my hard luggage case for swag and buy a carry-on while I was over there. And if you're interested, here's the link to my Pinterest board where I have all my travel planning organized.

I feel a lot more comfortable in long skirts rather than pants or shorts so I'm bringing a lot of those. I also have a few dresses since those act like an outfit on their own. I guess the last thing to note is that I'm bringing an umbrella and a rain jacket since apparently September is Japan's rainy season. The jacket's handy since it can actually fold into a little pouch!

And that's all I have for now! I hope I can write something everyday, but if it's too much then maybe I'll just fill the empty days with a photo diary entry.
See you next time! Stay tuned for more to follow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments